[CinCV TNG] CIN-5, ganged audio-faders get out of synch

igor_ubuntu sitelve at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 11:00:32 CET 2016

> ..
> I have a footage including a 2ch(stereo) audio stream represented by two
> GANGED audio tracks in cinelerra-5.
> If I go to timeline and grab the white "fade" curve on on of the aud
> tracks it works as expected paralelly on both ganged aud channels, but only
> within a certain range. If I grab it beyond a mysterious border, than the
> fader curve on the other audio track stucks at the border, whereas the one
> where I'm grabbing the fader goes beyond it. Result: the two channels of
> the stereo audio get unbalanced.
>
> Hallo Joe.
I looked at your screencast and your xml-files.
You use 5.0 from different website cinelerra.org. It is outdated and no
longer supported.
Your screencasts shows 5.0's problems.
Your XML-files - from cinelerra version 5.0

If you load these 5.0's-files   to 5.1  you have these problems because
session data are incompatible.
There is a warning in 5.1:
"Warning: XML from cinelerra version %s\n" "Session data may be
incompatible."

5.1 does *not* have these gang-problems. But if we load 5.0-XML-files to
5.1 - we have these glitches.
I loaded your 5.0's files to 5.1 and got the same glitches.

------
These "mysterious borders" (as yoy said) are defined by these parameters
http://savepic.ru/12199193.png
But of course this does not solve these gang-glitches
Besides, you use (in your 5.0)  a strange audio_fade range
[-129.66 - 39.66]