[CinCV TNG] 11/16 - Cinelerra 6

Danny Schmarsel danny at schmarsel.de
Wed Nov 9 16:22:26 CET 2016

Nice to see the original Cinelerra is still improving, but the jump in
versioning is really unneccessary.
Now people will start using HV6 because it's higher than 5.1 so it must
be better.

If cinelerra.org releases Cinelerra 7 in a few months and goodguy reacts
with Cinelerra 8, we may overtake Firefox and Chrome soon. :D

I made a news item on the website, but added a little note to let people
know it has nothing to do with 5.1.

"Not to be confused with goodguy's Cinelerra 5.1, a new release of the
original Cinelerra(-HV) by Adam Williams has arrived at sourceforge.net:
Cinelerra(-HV) 6.

The reason behind the major jump from 4.6.1 to version 6 is yet unclear,
but there certainly are improvements (quoted from the official website):

Updated the h264 decoding.
There are no longer picons in the asset window.
Motion tracking got major optimizations.
Resampling effects got new interfaces. Titler can load subtitle files."

-Danny