[CinCV TNG] Preview on the editing bar not drawn properly after cut (GG Cinelerra)

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 18:58:46 CEST 2016

seems to be basically the strategy from cinelerra-2.1, with some cleanup.
it does bail out if the edit width is < 2, seems too simplified for my
taste.
Phyllis and I are debating it, and last we left the issue 2% of the pixels
in
the timeline seems like a good hip shot, but not really based on much.  The
reasoning is that in a normal field of view, you eye may be able to resolve
4-8K samples, and typical screen resolution may typically be 1-2K.  I don't
think the image will be useful until it gets up to 50-100 FOV samples,
(12-25
pixels probably).  A typical timeline is about 1K pixels, and 20/1000 == 2%.

Seems like much adieu about slivers of data.  I have had several real
sessions
where the edit count on the timeline is quite high, and in these cases each
edit would add an additional seek, decode, scale, draw.  It could be
expensive
for no gain at all if the images are all just slivers at wide scale.  If
you have any
feeling about the issue, now is the time to say.

gg