[CinCV TNG] OGV from recordmydesktop and Cinelerra's world -> errors/crashes

Einar R√ľnkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:16:00 CEST 2016

Hi.

On 20 October 2016 at 11:48, igor_ubuntu <sitelve at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.google.com.ua/search?q=Broken+file,+
> keyframe+not+correctly+marked.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&
> ei=cVoIWLicJaX36ASo76rQDA#q=Broken+file,+keyframe+not+
> correctly+marked.&start=0
> *"Broken file, keyframe not correctly marked."*
>
> This is a known problem from recordmydesktop
> for example:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/recordmydesktop/+bug/1589853
> ------------------------------
> https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=115164
>

> *After long and extensive testing, I've come to the conclusion that the
> entire problem is neither Kdenlive, nor Melt, nor FFMpeg, but, as
> originally posted, the horrible, broken files produced by RecordMyDesktop.
> If I try and actually transcode one with FFMPEG and minimal options, using
> either current stable or git master versions of FFMPEG, I get hundreds /
> thousands of errors stating: "Broken file, keyframe not correctly
> marked.time=00:40:28.70" *
> ==========
>
> Furthemore there was a problem (at the time it is fixed) in previous
> ffmpeg's versions
>
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-February/004896.html
>
> *Bad keyframes when encoding to the ogg container format*
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-February/005117.html
>
> *I just re-encoded my videos with the latest ffmpeg and I no longer getany
> errors.*
>
> ===============
>
> But:
>

> I downloaded new static build 3.1.4 https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/
> - encoded (with this static) a correct file mjpeg/raw-pcm.mov to
> theora/vorbis.ogg
> - loaded this .ogg in cinelerra ->
> -> the same situation with all branches (errors, flickers (cve) ).

I have to test. May be something is wrong with .mov. Video file can be
broken millions of ways  - one possible way is that playback works, but
simple reencoding does not.

> Furthemore, CVE does not play vorbis-audio of the file.

I'll look at it.

>> *CVE works/plays without problem and errors.But  if I move the cursor
>> manually, the picture in the Compositor window flickers and blinks. Seeking
>> in CVE needs that keyframes are properly marked. Simple playback does not
>> care about marking of keyframes. Moving manually does seeking: seeks to
>> keyframe, starts decoding until reaches required frame. When keyframe
>> marking is wrong decoding fails resulting black frame. Seeking in gg-branch
>> is implemented differently.*
>
> Ok. Thanks for the explanation. Thus a CVE's user can identify  keyframes's
> problems in a file moving the cursor manually. Right ?

It's possible. But not intended usage. Something else may be wrong
(billions of ways above).

You may try to reencode the file with different options.

Einar