[CinCV TNG] OGV from recordmydesktop and Cinelerra's world -> errors/crashes

Einar R√ľnkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 09:07:04 CEST 2016

Hi.

On 19 October 2016 at 21:59, igor_ubuntu <sitelve at gmail.com> wrote:

> For example this file https://cinelerra-cv.org/
> examples/NY_titler_timefront.ogg
> Writing application: Cinelerra 2.1.5
> -------->
>
> C5.1 - errors - http://www.picshare.ru/view/7708260/
> However, if I move the cursor manually the picture in the Compositor
> window *does not* flicker and *does not* blink.
> ------
> CVO/M4.1 - a stable crash

ogg decoding is broken. Works on some oggs.

> ---------
> CVE works/plays without problem and errors.
> But  if I move the cursor manually, the picture in the Compositor window flickers
> and blinks.

Seeking in CVE needs that keyframes are properly marked. Simple playback
does not care about marking of keyframes. Moving manually does seeking:
seeks to keyframe, starts decoding until reaches required frame. When
keyframe marking is wrong decoding fails resulting black frame.

Seeking in gg-branch is implemented differently.

You may try to remux the file with:

ffmpeg -i broken.ogg -vcodec copy better.ogg

Command is untested - consult the manual.

Einar