[CinCV TNG] Drifting Audio / Video

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:40:13 CEST 2016

Well, if it works in cv, use that.  If you are using 5.1, then I suspect
that the issue may be that you have concatenated several segments of A/V
and the audio is consistently shorter or longer than the corresponding
video segment.  There is an editing feature in 5.1 to account for this,
called "Align Edits" and it is in the main menubar "Edit" pulldown menu.
The feature is documented in "Features5.pdf" section 24:
https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/Features5.pdf
Another possibility is that the audio sample rate, or video frame rate is
actually different than what was actually used by the camera hardware when
the recording was made, and so the playback time reference "drifts" as the
media is replayed slightly too slow, or slightly too quickly, audio
relative to video.   You can adjust the sample rates/frame rates used by
your session in the Resources window, right mousing the media icon which
identifies the current selection, and using the "info" menu item to edit
the asset information. The session frame rate/sample rate are set in the
main menubar using the "format" settings popup.

Without any example of the problem, I can only offer a guess as to the
actual problem.  Hopefully, this helps.  If you can supply a small example,
I will be glad to give it a look.

gg