[CinCV TNG] Comparison of Cinelerra versions?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Tue Dec 29 14:55:39 CET 2015

Hello,

On Ter, 2015-12-29 at 12:08 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> The Cinelerra-CV News Dec 28, 2015 cleared up some of the confusion
> between the three different versions of Cinelerra in the About
> Cinelerra
> section. The current versions are
>
> Cinelerra-CV 2.3
> Cinelerra-HV 4.6.1
> Cinelerra.org 5.0

You forgot mention einar branch , in http://git.cinelerra-cv.org/gitweb
?p=einar/cinelerra.git;a=shortlog

from example this commit : http://git.cinelerra-cv.org/gitweb?p=einar/c
inelerra.git;a=commit;h=d5690bba6447436540fbd878f8633af0e5fcdfe2

with log : Changes backported from upstream,

who is quicktime upstream ? and I we don't use upstream directly ?

Looking for shortlog of einar branch since 2015-10-01, we see
- Upgrade internal ffmpeg to version 2.8
- Fixed h264 encoding in quicktime/qth264

but is not in cinelerra-cv .

IMO cinelerra-cv encoders should be (almost) all updated , and
preferentially as external libs , I mean ffmpeg, x264 and  quicktime.
And also :
- toolame now we got twolame-0.3.13-4.fc22.i686 (TwoLAME is an
optimised MPEG Audio Layer 2 encoding library based on tooLAME)
- mpeg2enc and mplex now we got mjpegtools-2.1.0-5.fc22.x86_64

IMHO , we should try sync einar branch with Cinelerra-CV much as
possible, at least encoders , but I inspect the trees and saw
implementations of different features in both branches which make me
stop to think, what I should do about it.

--
Sérgio M. B.