[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra-HV still active?

Sean M. Pappalardo pegasus at renegadetech.com
Mon Dec 28 18:01:28 CET 2015

Hello everyone.

I've loosely been following the issues with the new owner of
cinelerra.org and want to point out that Heroine Virtual just released
Cinelerra 4.6.1 in November 2015:

"11/11/15 - Cinelerra 4.6.1 Updated the x264 compressor library.
Improved the mp3 decoding. Video scaling is now either nearest neighbor
or bicubic, but never linear. Proxy editing got a start before
discovering modern PCs can easily decode 4k."

(From http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php#news of course.)

The lack of information there about the new cinelerra.org suggests to me
that it's not a continuation. (Though it no longer mentions the CV fork
as it used to: http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3)

Has anyone heard from Adam definitively on the status of the official
version? I sure wish he would chime in, at least on the HV site. (I've
CCed the Harassment Address just in case.)

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo