[CinCV TNG] export h264 with render farm

Ben Suttor suttorp at pt.lu
Mon Oct 26 18:18:49 CET 2015

hi

I'm having trouble to correctly render a video with h264 compression on a
render farm. I tried several formats in cinelerra (non-cv) which results
in either (partly) currupted files or missing frames between the splitted
files... this is very annoying

I know the h264 export is broken in cin-cv however I wasn't able to get my
slave to render with the YUV4MPEG pipe. I guess my command is just wrong.

I used:

ffmpeg  -i - -y -vcodec libx264 -preset slow -crf 22 %

however I always get the following error on my slave:

Unable to find a suitable output format for [...]: Invalid argument

Running ffmpeg directly with the same arguments on the slave is working
though.I then used one of the presets in the YUV4MPEG pipe just to see if
I could render using ffmpeg at all, but that resulted in missing frames
again. So I have the bad feeling that even if I manage to get h264
compression working through the pipe I will allway end up having lost
frames...

So, is there any working setup for either cin-cv or non-cv?

Thanks