[CinCV TNG] H.264 export broken - users should be aware

igor_ubuntu sitelve at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:39:19 CEST 2015

I propose to consider a specific examples.

1-
Suppose that company source.ffmpeg.org released a new stable version of the
ffmpeg - 2.9-stable.
At this time user  goes and removes the directory of source codes
 /home/user/builds/cin-cve (then he does git clone ... )
or
removes ffmpeg directory from cinelerra sources (
/home/user/builds/cin-cve/ffmpeg )
 In this case (as you says)   the current version of ffmpeg is cloned by
configure. Ok.
But what version is cloned (in this case) - 2.8.*-stable or 2.9-stable ?

2-
Suppose that company source.ffmpeg.org released a new stable version of the
ffmpeg - 2.9-stable.
At this time there were changes in сve-git
User makes  git clone ..   ./autogen   ./configure
User does not remove directories /home/user/builds/cin-cve/ffmpeg
Herewith 2.9-version is not cloned. User works with 2.8*
 Do I understand correctly?