[CinCV TNG] H.264 export broken - users should be aware

Einar R√ľnkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:50:03 CEST 2015

On 22 October 2015 at 12:46, igor_ubuntu <sitelve at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I understand you correctly, you're planning to stay on the 2.8.*
> stable-version of ffmpeg. So ?
>
> Currently we have 2.8.1 (stable)  and 2.9-dev
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git
> And CVE works with 2.8.1 (I compiled yesterday).

Configure clones 2.8 branch. Hopefully it gets 2.8.x - what is the last at
the moment of cloning.

> How will behave CinCV if the company source.ffmpeg.org will release a new
> stable version of the ffmpeg (for example 2.9-stable) ?
> Will  CinCV to load (automatically during new compilation) a new version
> of ffmpeg 2.9-stable or CinCV will work with the old version of ffmpeg 2.8.*
> ?

There are probably API changes between 2.8 and 2.9. Cinelerra starts to use
2.9 when needed changes (if any) are made and tested.

Neither configure nor compilation do not automatically update the version
of ffmpeg. User can remove ffmpeg directory from cinelerra sources - then
the current version of ffmpeg is cloned by configure.

Compiling with external ffmpeg is currently is not officially supported.
The option (in ./configure) exist but no works.
Do you plan to introduce this possibility ?

Yes. After I get the current (probably a couple of previous) versions to
work. At the moment only rendering to AC3 is known to work with current
ffmpeg.

Of course versions of ffmpeg that are not supported internally will not be
supported externally.

Einar