[CinCV TNG] H.264 export broken - users should be aware

igor_ubuntu sitelve at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:46:07 CEST 2015

If I understand you correctly, you're planning to stay on the 2.8.*
stable-version of ffmpeg. So ?

Currently we have 2.8.1 (stable)  and 2.9-dev
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git
And CVE works with 2.8.1 (I compiled yesterday).

How will behave CinCV if the company source.ffmpeg.org will release a new
stable version of the ffmpeg (for example 2.9-stable) ?
Will  CinCV to load (automatically during new compilation) a new
version of ffmpeg
2.9-stable or CinCV will work with the old version of ffmpeg 2.8.* ?

Compiling with external ffmpeg is currently is not officially supported.
The option (in ./configure) exist but no works.
Do you plan to introduce this possibility ?