[CinCV TNG] H.264 export broken - users should be aware

Einar Rünkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:44:36 CEST 2015

On 10/20/2015 07:41 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Ter, 2015-10-20 at 13:29 +0300, igor_ubuntu wrote:
>> News from Einar about CVE
>>
>> http://git.cinelerra-cv.org/gitweb?p=einar/cinelerra.git;a=commit;h=3eee4bc97424b397f8fce71df77db048c713137f
>> Upgrade internal ffmpeg to version 2.8
>

> Hiper super cool !
>
>> Configure clones latest realeased version from
>> source.ffmpeg.org to cinelerra directory.
>> Cloned version is not upgraded automatically.
>> The new version is not part of our source tree and
>> is not stored to the git of cinelerra.
>> The suffix of ffmpeg libraries is changed to cve,
>> headers are installed under cinelerra-cve.
>> ------------------
>>   Removed old internal version of ffmpeg
>>
>> We shall not keep internal ffmpeg in our source tree,
>> but clone it from ffmpeg.org.
>> ---------------
>

> Well I don't like the idea of every build, in clean chroot, clone the
> ffmpeg git repo. This requires Internet on buildtime , which in some
> builders not accepted.

You may have downloaded ffmpeg source and move it into cinelerra
directory before configure.

> Also if I clone today and you clone tomorrow we
> may have different results , which is not good for testing .

Yes, this is a problem. But our goal is not to fix ffmpeg, but
cinelerra. When we discover a bug in ffmpeg we send patch to them. When
we don't understand where the problem is, we can agree what commit we test.

Cinelerra should not depend on details of cinelerra and releases are
relatively stabile.

> So I propose bundle ffmpeg source in cinelerra repo , and update it time
> to time .

This was the case - ffmpeg was not updated 6-7 years as I remember (may
be more).

Einar