[CinCV TNG] H.264 export broken - users should be aware

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Tue Oct 20 18:41:24 CEST 2015

On Ter, 2015-10-20 at 13:29 +0300, igor_ubuntu wrote:
> News from Einar about CVE
>
> http://git.cinelerra-cv.org/gitweb?p=einar/cinelerra.git;a=commit;h=3eee4bc97424b397f8fce71df77db048c713137f
> Upgrade internal ffmpeg to version 2.8

Hiper super cool !

> Configure clones latest realeased version from
> source.ffmpeg.org to cinelerra directory.
> Cloned version is not upgraded automatically.
> The new version is not part of our source tree and
> is not stored to the git of cinelerra.
> The suffix of ffmpeg libraries is changed to cve,
> headers are installed under cinelerra-cve.
> ------------------
>  Removed old internal version of ffmpeg
>
> We shall not keep internal ffmpeg in our source tree,
> but clone it from ffmpeg.org.

Well I don't like the idea of every build, in clean chroot, clone the
ffmpeg git repo. This requires Internet on buildtime , which in some
builders not accepted. Also if I clone today and you clone tomorrow we
may have different results , which is not good for testing .
So I propose bundle ffmpeg source in cinelerra repo , and update it time
to time .

--
Sérgio M. B.