[CinCV TNG] H.264 export broken - users should be aware

Danny Schmarsel danny at schmarsel.de
Tue Oct 20 02:51:46 CEST 2015

> if nobody has time to work on the
> built-in H.264 export perhaps some working YUV4MPEG pipe presets should
> at
> least be included in the Cinelerra-CV source code as a workaround.

Are you talking about these presets?
http://bandshed.net/avlinux6-debs/cinelerraCV/Cinelerra%20YUV4MPEG%20ffmpeg%20Presets.txt

Seeing those integrated in Cinelerra-CV would certainly be useful for
me. :)

> Really for anyone new to Linux to follow that H.264 scripting guide
> Danny
> linked simply to use a video editor to export probably the most common
> codec currently is a bit of a stretch (of course I realize Danny is
> working with the best information available). In my opinion as a user
> and
> distributor seamless intuitive H.264 exporting is no longer optional..

I agree. H.264 is the most-used consumer codec nowadays. When I first
tried to export to H.264 I thought it was a problem with my ffmpeg
version or something else.
Finding out that this is completely broken was a bit shocking.

Thankfully I didn't give up, that's why I found the tutorial from
n1njahacks.
The AVLinux approach looks much more userfriendly, though.

-Danny