[CinCV TNG] H.264 export broken - users should be aware

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Mon Oct 19 23:57:48 CEST 2015

Ouch!

Not sure how relevant it is but as far as Live media to try Cinelerra-CV
goes AV Linux has always provided working pre-installed ffmpeg YUV4MPEG
pipe commands for several common H.264 output video formats as well as for
DVD. In addition there is a simple Yad GUI to use ffmpeg to multiplex the
separate exported audio and video streams. The included default YUV4MPEG
ffmpeg DVD commands in Cinelerra haven't worked out of the box with
external ffmpeg literally for years, so if nobody has time to work on the
built-in H.264 export perhaps some working YUV4MPEG pipe presets should at
least be included in the Cinelerra-CV source code as a workaround.

Really for anyone new to Linux to follow that H.264 scripting guide Danny
linked simply to use a video editor to export probably the most common
codec currently is a bit of a stretch (of course I realize Danny is
working with the best information available). In my opinion as a user and
distributor seamless intuitive H.264 exporting is no longer optional..

Just my $0.02, Glen