[CinCV TNG] H.264 export broken - users should be aware

Danny Schmarsel danny at schmarsel.de
Mon Oct 19 22:42:22 CEST 2015

Hello,

thanks to Igor I stumbled over a post at the ubuntuusers forum where
someone was really confused. He couldn't get the H.264 export working.
Now Igor told me that it is broken for a long time.

I think we should mention this on our website, because people are trying
to export to H.264 and all they get is audio. They think they're doing
something wrong. ;-)

I've already added a tutorial that brings back H.264 through YUV4MPEG:
https://n1njahacks.wordpress.com/2013/03/11/exporting-h-264-from-cinelerra/

I propose adding a note at the frontpage like:

"We are aware that rendering H.264 is broken with recent versions of
libx264. Please look at this guide for a workaround."

Any objections? :)

-Danny