[CinCV TNG] ffmpeg patches Re: patches cinelerra

Danny Schmarsel danny at schmarsel.de
Thu Oct 8 15:12:32 CEST 2015

> Hi, Back to this thread,
> I had though about, and what happens is the ffmpeg patches have been
> modified for every new major release of ffmpeg, so we got a patch for
> ffmpeg 0.7, other for ffmpeg 1.0, other for ffmpeg 2.0 etc. So will be
> difficult do a patch for every ffmpeg versions.
> Do you think it is worth gathering all the patches that have been made
> to the ffmpeg? to reconstruct the evolution of the patches .

I'm not a dev, but I would be happy to include older patches on the
website. They may still be useful for people with older distributions.

Btw: What is happening on a lot of distributions now is that they
include the ffmpeg 2.x patch to link Cinelerra against the version they
ship. Only a few build the internal ffmpeg CV provides.

So I'm wondering if it would be possible to improve the patch so it
doesn't break the internal ffmpeg anymore - it could be merged then,
right? ;-)

-Danny