[CinCV TNG] Color-managed displays in the Cinelerra-cv ?

Pierre p.autourduglobe at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:16:21 CEST 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to correct (color, contrast, gamma) Cinellerra-cv to make
the displays faithful to the original images and the final rendering ?

I calibrated my screens with a colorimeter under dispcalGUI(Argyll CMS)
with thestandard for HD post-production: "Rec.-1886". The result is very
successful, even with my low end WLED screens. But cinelerra-cv it does
not maintain the contrast callibrations, and displays an image that does
not match the final rendering. This problem makes any color correction
orcontrast, by plug-ins, very unpredictable. Are there means of
calibrating and profiling displays in cinelerra-cv?

See the images below(summit: a color bar under FLC and under... The gama
of the color bars in cinelerra is not at all the same. When rendering is
done, the result is very close to the top image .

The sequence of color bar is 1080p DNxHD.

Pierre