[CinCV TNG] fonts in titler

Einar Rünkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:42:49 CEST 2015

On 05/11/2015 10:09 PM, Johannes Sixt wrote:
> Am 11.05.2015 um 19:00 schrieb Einar Rünkaru:
>> Hi.
>>
>> On 05/11/2015 06:57 PM, John Griffiths wrote:
>>> I have some projects that use fonts I installed to
>>> /usr/local/lib/cinelerra/fonts.
>>>
>>> As root, I ran:
>>>
>>>     ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale
>>>     mkfontdir
>>>     fc-cache
>>>
>>> The fonts are not being used by cinelerra any longer.
>>>
>>> I compile using the git repo. Has the font location changed for
>>> cinelerra?
>>>

>> No.
>>
>> Try to comment out block starting with 'if(language[0])' around line 714
>> in bcresources.C
>>
>> Please report the results.
>
> When using the latest version from git, isn't it more appropriate to
> install fonts in the regular directories instead of in a special
> Cinelerra directory? Shouldn't font-config pick them up as well?

Yes it will. My idea is to get rid of the fonts in Cinelerra. Cinelerra
can happily live with system fonts, I hope.

Oh I remembered - there is Symbol font that tells that it has all
possible glyphs, which is wrong. The result is that when there is not
requested exact font, Symbols may replace it with unexisting glyphs.

Einar