[CinCV TNG] Debugging motion blur

Einar R√ľnkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:16:59 CEST 2015

Hi.

Figured out at last.

On 04/13/2015 03:43 PM, Nicola Ferralis wrote:
> I have not modified the plugin in any way.

I did not even supect it.

> Using, for example (it
> happens on any file I use):
>
> https://bomboloni.mit.edu/other/neuroni/Neuroni.mp4
>
> the crash happens as follow:
>
> 1. Open the above file.
> 2. select all or a particular segment of the video
> 3. Run MotionBlur
> 4. the plugin panel opens. Leave settings as they appear (quicktime is
> fine).
> 5. As soon as you select OK, cinelerra crashes.

You reached a great problem with cinelerra. It can't be used without
reading an understanding the manual. Cinelerra permits to use it wrong
and simply crashes then.

Plugins of Cinelerra are realtime and non-realtime. It is up to user to
apply right plugin through right interface.

Motion Blur is a realtime plugin and you tried to apply it as
non-realtime plugin - crash.

To apply a realtime plugin you should highlight the region, right click,
select 'Attach effect', select effect and press OK.

Video->render effect can be used for non-realtime plugins only.

Einar