[CinCV TNG] Updated GreyCStoration plugin

Nicola Ferralis feranick at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 5 22:36:03 CEST 2015

Hi,

I revamped and fixed a few issues in the GreyCStoration plugin that
originally came from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/greycstorationcinelerraplugin/

As a reminder, GREYCstoration is an image regularization algorithm which
is able to process a color image by locally removing small variations of
pixel intensities while preserving significant global image features,
such as edges and corners. The most direct application of image
regularization is image denoising. By extension, it can also be used to
inpaint or resize images. The plugin uses the CImg library (in
particular the files GImg.h and plugins/greycstoration.h), from:
http://cimg.sourceforge.net/greycstoration/

This plugin isn't in the main git, there were issues and crashes that
made it pretty much useless. Here a few fixes that I applied to it:
- improved icon (replaces the original basic one)
- picon_png.h is now created upon compilation (as the other plugins)
- bug fixes:
   - converted create_objects from int to void to fix missing return
   - Fix use after free in static void* greycstoration_thread(void *arg)
     (plugins/greycstoration/plugin/greycstoration.h) lines 448 that
     led to a program crash.

The plugin seems to work now based on my testing. It is already applied
in the PPA, and before I submit it as a patch to the mailing list, I'd
appreciate if people could test it further...

The release candidate of the patch is attached for reference.

Thanks,
Nicola