[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra Merging from 4.0 - testing report

Johannes Sixt j6t at kdbg.org
Fri Apr 3 21:36:25 CEST 2015

Am 03.04.2015 um 04:00 schrieb Rebecca ⠀:
> Yes, I see.  Could this be because each mask keyframe MUST have a value
> for mask points, feathering and value, all at once?  You cannot set just
> one of them, and if you don't actively set the others, they will default
> to the "current" setting.  Where "current" actually means the setting of
> the previous keyframe?

It  is not possible to specify just a subset of parameters in a
keyframe. All values must be filled in.

> The notion of "current" meaning the previous keyframe can also be
> observed in the histograms (camera, projector, fade, etc.)  If you are
> working with Camera Z, for instance?  And you set Keyframe A to 1.0,
> then a second later you set Keyframe B to 1.8?  Now, when you select a
> point between Keyframes A and B and check the Camera settings, it will
> show 1.0 not whatever interpolated value that is actually being displayed.

That seems to be wrong. You can observe the same with coordinates of a
mask point: The point is interpolated, but the coordinates displayed in
the GUI always remain the same. The value and feather value are
interpolated as well, but the interpolated numbers *are* displayed.

> Also, if I have to choose between no interpolation and interpolation
> that requires careful planning/does not always work perfectly, I would
> choose the imperfect interpolation.

That would also be my preference.

-- Hannes