[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra Merging from 4.0 - testing report

Rebecca ⠀ beccatoria at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 04:00:12 CEST 2015

Yes, I see.  Could this be because each mask keyframe MUST have a value for mask points, feathering and value, all at once?  You cannot set just one of them, and if you don't actively set the others, they will default to the "current" setting.  Where "current" actually means the setting of the previous keyframe?

The notion of "current" meaning the previous keyframe can also be observed in the histograms (camera, projector, fade, etc.)  If you are working with Camera Z, for instance?  And you set Keyframe A to 1.0, then a second later you set Keyframe B to 1.8?  Now, when you select a point between Keyframes A and B and check the Camera settings, it will show 1.0 not whatever interpolated value that is actually being displayed.

It sounds like similar behaviour is occurring in the masks - i.e. defaulting to the previous keyframe (the one to the left).  But complicated by the fact that each mask keyframe must have three attributes - mask points, feathering and value - and these are being created if not specified by the user?

I hope I have explained that in a way that makes sense.  It is also only a guess at what's going on based on user experience.

Also, if I have to choose between no interpolation and interpolation that requires careful planning/does not always work perfectly, I would choose the imperfect interpolation.