[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra Merging from 4.0 - testing report

Johannes Sixt j6t at kdbg.org
Thu Apr 2 22:00:33 CEST 2015

Am 02.04.2015 um 00:20 schrieb Rebecca ⠀:
> 4) Mask keyframes - as also noted by others.  Interpolation of value and
> feathering has been fixed (YAYYYY!).  I do not believe that
> interpolation of mode is possible - it's a binary state.  However, a
> keyframe /image /will only appear on the track if a mask point is
> moved.  If only the feathering or value is changed, then a keyframe /is
> /created (because interpolation up to that point works), but the little
> green icon we know and love fails to appear.  If you select an earlier
> point and press play and let it play over the place where the keyframe
> /should /be, the keyframe image suddenly appears.

It is even worse than that: Say, you have two keyframes with widley
different values and/or feather values. When you click somewhere between
the the keyframes, you get interpolated mask shapes, value and feather
value.

Now, when you change the mask shape, the value and feather value jump
back to the value of the keyframe to the left, although the shape
retains the interpolation (plus the modification that was just made, of
course).

I don't know what the intent of this new behavior is.

The code does have the old behavior: just comment out the line

#define USE_KEYFRAME_SPANNING

in mwindow.inc. I haven't tested this, yet.

-- Hannes