[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra Merging from 4.0 - testing report

Rebecca ⠀ beccatoria at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 10:12:19 CEST 2015

Ah - excellent point.  On further inspection while most of the behaviour is new, this is not true of all the effects.  While I have memories of them working at some point, it seems they stopped working at some point prior to the merge with 4.0.  These aren't effects I use frequently so unfortunately I really don't know when they were working - it could have been years ago.  :(  Sorry!

But!  To recap what IS changed behaviour due to the 4.0 merge:

Points 1 (fade histogram), 4 (mask keyframes) and 5 (bezier curves) are CHANGED behaviour since the merge, and look like bugs.

Points 2 (icons on the effects bar) and 6 (rendering) are CHANGED behaviour but not bugs.  Just stuff that's different.

Point 3 (effects) I need to amend.  The TITLE effect is broken (the colours now don't work correctly).  This is CHANGED behaviour after the merge, this is a bug.

The other effects I mentioned, while broken, are also broken in the main branch.  I do not believe this was the case for Oil Painting, Motion Blur or Wave in the past but as noted, I have no idea when they ceased working.  Experiments in the main branch with TimeFront yielded slightly different behaviour so I think there may be some change after the merge?  But honestly it's almost unusable so it's hard to be sure.  Time Average and Selective Temporal Averaging remain so hard to use I can't tell if there's a change in behaviour or not.

Translate, as noted previously, has changed behaviour not due to the merge and discussion about the correct behaviour is something that's ongoing?

Again, apologies for not double checking the effects against the main branch!