[CinCV TNG] A possible way to test new development builds

Nicola Ferralis feranick at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 10 06:43:18 CEST 2014

This brings up my main concern that I already expressed about the
development. There are several branches, disconnected from the others.
There is no common trunk. As a maintainer, this fishing around for bits
across the branches (with related incompatibilities) is the worst
possible nightmare. I may get some heat here, but having personal
development branches disconnected from the others isn't at the end of
the day, from a community perspective, any different than the
development model of HV.

So, I hope this will change. There is a wish from the community and the
availability of maintainers. We just need, if possible, feasible and of
interest, a commitment to a common development trunk. If that is not
possible, I personally don't see the point of calling this a cohesive
project as it pretend to be. Too bad for the users...

Nicola