[CinCV TNG] Render error - file writing

jankomEarthlink janosk at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 8 16:04:36 CEST 2014

On 04/08/2014 02:39 AM, Einar Rünkaru wrote:

> What linux distribution you have?
A mangled Fedora-3, but it worked before.

> I think you should have here:
> cine_render.sh %

Yes, I do have 'cine_render.sh %' in the Use Pipe: entry field.

> Start cinelerra from terminal - then you see diagnostic and more error
> messages there.
>
> Einar
Here is the output if I start cinelerra in xterm:

[apu at Andraslinux ~]$ cinelerra
Cinelerra 2.2CV
(C) 2006 Heroine Virtual Ltd.
(C) 2006-2013 The CinelerraCV Community
Internal ffmpeg
Compiled on Mon Apr  7 17:17:29 EDT 2014

Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
Render::run 9
Render::run 10
trying popen(cine_render.sh /home/apu/Pista.m2v)
sh: cine_render.sh: command not found
Received sigpipe
Received sigpipe
Received sigpipe
Render::run: Session finished.
Render::render 90
Render::run 11
Render::run 12
Render::run 100
Render::run 1

I don't understand the "command not found" part. If I execute the script
I get this

[apu at Andraslinux ~]$ ./cine_render.sh
mpeg2enc: option requires an argument -- o
**ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Output file name (-o option) is required!
... plus bunch of mpeg2enc options listing

This I understand because the -o has $1  as argument in the script which
is missing from my shell command line. If I add an argument mpeg2enc
seem to work:

[apu at Andraslinux ~]$ ./cine_render.sh Pista.m2v
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for MOTION!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING SSE and MMX for TRANSFORM!

I Ctr-C stopped mpeg2enc.

So it looks like the shell script is OK, waiting for the stream to process.

Janos