[CinCV TNG] [CinCV] End of support for Cinelerra Ubuntu PPA

Nicola Ferralis feranick at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 00:58:30 CEST 2014

Thanks, Magali.

It is the users like you, that I always cared about, not big productions
or hackers. It is an unfortunate turn of events, but the current
atmosphere is rather unsustainable, from the way the discussion is held,
to the prospect of in what form the code will evolve like. For a person
that needs to maintain it for actual distributions that actual people
use, it's a plain nightmare.

And, to be fair, given the stalled state of maintenance of the code
itself in CV 2.2, the current binaries in the PPA will be fine for a
long while.

Very Best to you,
Nicola