[CinCV TNG] (no subject)

Michael Collins michael.collins at cinevention.org
Sun Apr 6 00:31:28 CEST 2014

To Ichtyo (???) and anyone else with his thinking:

Please, please, completely ignore anything I and we  do at CINELERRA.ORG
and please return to your ruminations and fumbling around the Interweb and
your lack of time to do any significant coding much less send me a
conciliatory or reasonably understanding  and friendly message instead of
another nasty note.

Ichthyo, I know people like you who constantly try to make me believe that
you think very highly of yourself and your contributions. But, you see, I
know the real reality of people who communicate as you do and I am
perfectly capable of replying back to at length and to even expand. You
see, I am a highly paid professional communicator and businessman and  I
believe in full and open communications and since you are'nt here in Los
Angeles for me to direct my comments to your face, I will do so here.

Now, to try to make nice, I have a great idea Icthyo, and much better,
please go  start a new NLE like Adam and I did in 2001 and which I
suggested that he do to advance BROADCAST 2000 and which he, in turn, with
his genius, created  and  called CINELERRA. I have an idea, go start a new
NLE and special effects  system and call it Lumiere! Now that project
would be a real winner

Oh, yeah, I forgot, "Lumiere" (since it was never published it doesn't get
to be capitalized) was a brutal and bloody and humiliating failure, wasn't
it? My bad.

But, you see, the "Community Effort" of CINELERRA.ORG was failed based on
reality and on Richard's own words and was dead and would be owned by a
Domain Broker and sold for a few hundred dollars, if I had not stepped in.

To reiterate,  for the critical first and a half  of CINELERRA's
development Adam Williams was working at a company which paid him a
reasonable enough salary and gave him the time to work almost full time on
it's development. His opening to that position, was created by me. So, in
some ways, CINELERRA would not have come from Adam without those unique
set of circumstances. So, way back in 2000 or so, when you were probably
drinking at a beer hall and singing an ode to your unique superiority, I
was actually working at the inception of CINELERRA.

Then, in partnership with Adam, we spent the next several years promoting
it at trade shows in the US and even in the advanced thinking capitals of
Europe. And, by far, the most significant contributions made to CINELERRA,
by far, are by Adam himself, with hundreds of thousands of dollars in time
and money spent devoted to it as someone would their own child. Yet, I
never really heard much of any personal outreach or support to CINELERRA,
particularly as you all ignored the  "community" face of it and basically
were a disgrace to Adam's devotion.

To make it clear, I am here for one reason, and that is to support and PAY
Heroine Virtual and the standardization of CINELERRA  THROUGH Adam and  HV
and to work with and PAY developers whom we hire and also PAY any
reasonable developer who can communicate effectively as a human being. If
we are not quick enough for your tastes to make magic happen for you,
well, look how long it took you to realize your miserable failure known as
"lumiere" lol

You see, unlike some people, I am not the least bit intimidated by
"developers" as I have hired and fired, over a hundred of them, usually
for laziness and lying about their skill sets and their performance.  I
actually don't like developers since most are ill mannered and stunted in
mature thinking.

We, which includes  myself and my core development team here in LA  and I
can speak for Adam, we are here to support the artists. CINELERRA is
significantly mature already that a real artist can make magic with the
program and you are not really needed, to be honest. In fact, I would
prefer if any of you have anything to say artistically, including
Raphaella, please go say it in CINELERRA, as you will get a lot more
support from us based on that work, rather than some useless tweak that
you can't wait to see in the HV release so you can put it on your CV (or
you will wet your pants).

So, as you can guess, I really do not care what any of you think, if you
are like this cat, "Ichtyo". If you want to make a real effort and create
a standardized version of CINELERRA, the door will remain open to you, of
course.

So, to make it crystal clear MR. ITCHYO, you and anyone else who calls me
a thief or criminal to my face, you will not like what will happen to you,
ok, you German prick? Now, since it is evening in the Fatherland and you
are very possibly sitting around pie-eyed from some cheap  schnapps and
listening to Wagner, I will give you one chance to apologize and grow up.
But, I doubt you have the character to admit you are probably an idiot and
that you lack basic skills of communications so I wont wait.
To the rest of you who also want to rip me, well, I think you know what I
would say and do if you were in front of me and I don't think any of you
have the balls, so that will never happen.

Note: My little secret is that  here in Hollywood, I know lots of Linux
media  developers who are usually pretty nice people and not assholes.

--
Sincerely,

Mike

Michael Collins