[CinCV] Announcement from Michael Collins (the new registrant of cinelerra.org)

Christian Thaeter ct at pipapo.org
Mon Mar 10 19:34:43 CET 2014

Am Sat, 08 Mar 2014 23:32:58 +0100
schrieb "Herman Robak" <herman.robak at gmail.com>:

>    ** Michael Collins asked me to forward this to the list **
> To all Cinelerra List members:                           March 8, 2014
> We intend to rebuild the user list and efforts through the
> establishment of a collaborative network on a new site design
> oriented towards modern development collaboration and messaging
> methods. If you have anything you wish to do with Cinelerra in the
> near and planned future, let us know:
> list at cinelerra.org
> Please feel free to contact me through this e-mail or through a new
> list being established to be merged with the old list.
> My direct e-mail is michael.collins at cinelerra.org
> Yes, my methods are for communication is a little different, but, I am
> open and willing to listen and to collaborate. So, if you have any
> ideas about tools, UI, networking, kernel coding, marketing, sales,
> user support, developer support, web site, or anything you can think
> of and is important to you, let me know.
> My direct e-mail is michael.collins at cinelerra.org
> Thanks
> Mike Collins

So how to proceed?

Diverting the cinelerra community even further will certainly be the
death of the community project. IMO the only ones who can decide on
this are the people who are actually involved with the project.
Recently that are Einar and Monty because they did some coding and
Raffa as she holds the cinelerra-cv.org domain. Anyone else? just speak
up if you feel to be ignored.

I think only one site should remain, either we redirect
cinelerra-cv.org to cinelerra.org and let Michael handle the stuff,
shutting our server down, or we ask him to collaborate with us and
forward cinelerra.org to our server. Did I miss any other option?

Monty told on IRC that he won't mind if Michael takes over. Einar and
Raffa, what do you think?

I kept the Server running (even if it was poorly paied) because I don't
want the project die. Michaels action now changed the situation. Now
letting the project split up may make it worse. This case should be
settled ASAP. Awaitung your opinions.


> skype is michaelalancollins2
> google is michaelalancollins
> _______________________________________________
> Cinelerra mailing list
> Cinelerra at skolelinux.no
> https://lists.skolelinux.org/listinfo/cinelerra

More information about the Cinelerra mailing list