[CinCV] What is this new announcement?

Rebecca . beccatoria at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 02:47:09 CET 2014

Hey all,

Please see attached screenshot of the current cinlerra.org home page (NOT the new cinelerra-cv.org homepage).

Is this legit?  Does anyone know anything about what's going on?

For info, there's an announcement in the news section dated 21 February 2014 that reads:

"Feb 21, 2014

*  In association with Heroine Virtual, the Cinelerra.Org developers
group, and Linux Media Arts, the Cinelerra-CV development fork is being
re-fashioned and re-designed with a release date for the new site to be
announced and published prior to NAB 2014.   The future of the site will
 include much closer associations with film and televisions studios,
science and visualization research centers, media industry, the tech
community, and Heroine Virtual, Ltd..

As part of this change, goals and improved financial incentives will be
presented to the community to encourage rapid development.  Much
gratitude is extended to everyone who contributed to this site and the
development of Cinelerra in the past and an invitation to continue your
important work will be formally extended in the near future. We will be
contacting the current mailing list over the next few weeks as our
progress evolves.

 Address any inquiries and requests to:
info at cinelerra.org.  Suggestions, joint ventures, business and research
proposals are highly encouraged. Thank you."

Thanks,

becca.